Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Day After..."My Breakdown/Meltdown at Work"

     The phone rang and woke me.  I didn't get to it in time though, however I started to panic;  What time was it?  What the hell happened last night!  (and why was I home and not in jail!)  I couldn't even understand, but I thanked God!  Luckly I still had another car, because mine was on the side of the road somewhere! 
     I made it to work, but it wasn't easy.  I checked my message on the way.  It was Martin, who had checked on me, and called to say he was glad that I didn't get arrested last night.  Me too!  I appreciated his concern.
     At work it wasn't long before I started to break down.  I felt as if I was going to faint.  Someone simply asked me how I was and I started to cry.  I went outside, then came back in.  Not much later the scenerio replayed.  This time  I sat down.  Anna Louise fanned me and gave me a granola bar, my manager brought me a bottle of water and an apple, and the girls gathered around me.  I went back outside and sobbed hard.  I couldn't do this anymore.  Katie came out to check on me.  I had her bring me my purse and I called my manager and told her I was going to take my lunch break now.
     As soon as I got in the car I called my mom- and said "mommie", and cried, and told her everything.  She made me feel ok, and that she understood.  She was compassionate and loving and not judgemental at all.  Next, I called Goose and told her to please meet me at my house ASAP.  I need her to drive me to go find my car!  I couldn't even think clearly, and we drove all around because I told her the wrong street.  Just when we were ready to give up, there it was!  I told Goose I wasn't going back to work that day.  She convienced me that I could make it.  I had serious reservations though!  I was about ready to take a leave of absence.   Just then, Anna Louise texted me, "Are you on your way back?",  I answered, "On the way now".
     I went back.  I don't even know how I made it till 7pm, but everyone seemed understanding due to my relationship circumstances, (and they didn't even know the details of the night before).  A little while before I left work, Martin called to check in on me.  We talked, and I told him I would call him back when I got home, which I did.  He is now under the impression that I am a crazy party animal!  (Which is so not the true case).  I just happen to be at a crazy point in my life!  A turing point...This was my rock bottom and now there was no where to go but back up!

1 comment:

  1. "Goose" haha! I love it! Now just go up! And always have a DD! :) <3 u!

    ReplyDelete