Thursday, June 30, 2011

Coffee With My Ex...

     Woke up for absolutly no reason at 4:30am and was wide awake.  I was watching TV and then the phone rang at 5:15am!  It must be an emergency or a wrong number, right?  No, it was "drunk guy"! (I remembered I gave him my number before I realized he was crazy).  He wanted to know if he could come over.  Hell no!  I'm not that crazy (and he still sounded drunk! Now that guy has problems!) 
     I got my son ready for school, and me for work.  The day went fast and pretty productive.  I shared my "high" of the weekend with the girls at work.  My husband texted me to meet him for coffee at 6pm, after work.  What did he want?  Just to see me and talk, or a divorce...I arrived right before 6pm and he already had coffee for us.  He asked for a smoke, which was fine with me, because I definitly needed one too.  He looked good.  My heart didn't hurt.  I think he had already broken it into too many pieces. 
     We talked and talked.  I could tell it was hard for him.  He looked sad, but said he was happy.  I was confused as usual.  We smoked and talked and actually had to walk next door to the liquor store to get more smokes; then inside to get more coffee.  I didn't tell him I had been with someone else, but he just knew.  He hadn't gone to work today either.  He also said that yesterday had been a terrible day; That when I texted him in the morning and said "I was officially not mad at him anymore", that he knew, and it killed him, even though he was now living with and fucking someone else!  I explained that I didn't do it to hurt him-that I did it for me, to help me get over him.  I hadn't been with anyone else in 16 years!  (By the way, I havn't even heard from Martin, which is really no surprise).
     You could tell neither one of us really wanted to leave, but eventually we had to.  My son had called twice by now, and I told him I was having coffee with his dad, and that I would be home soon.  We ended on a good note.  I told him I was happy for him if this is what he wanted.  We hugged and even gave each other a little kiss on the lips.  I was learning to let go... 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment