Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dirty Dancing-"I Had the Time of My Life"

     It continues to amaze me at how everything in my story/my life has become full circle.  My long summer love story ends as it all began, innocently.  My longtime friend Jillian really wanted to go out dancing, but like usual I had worked all day, and already had tenetive plans.
     At work, we found out that Gooses' stepdad had been admitted to the hospital, and of course I told her I would go if she needed me to.  On the other hand, my son was spending the night with Bunnis' son, and they were taking the kids with them to country music night and a friends house.  They urged me to go along too.  I had to drive to Bunnis' house anyway, and almost went...  While I was at Bunnis' I got a call from Goose letting me know everything was ok, and that she was already home from the hospital.  Then, I got another call from Jillian, who only lives two streets away from Bunni.  She reminded me that I hate country music and should go dancing with her, so I caved in!  So, I picked up Jillian and we were on the way.  Oh, I almost forgot, I also had tentive plans to meet Martin out, and texted him with our destination when it was finally set! (Even though it changed again, because we got a text from Jillians' friend that the new place we were going to go to sucked, and we decided to go to the usual place!) LOL
     So at last we arrived.  Jillian and I walkd over to say hi to her friend the DJ.   She introduced us, and he asked what we were drinking, (vodka and cranberry of course), and he signaled to the barteneder who comped us a drink.  Nice way to start the night, even though Bunni had given me some frozen concoction called a Painkiller earlier in the evening.  We chilled outside for a while and scoped out the scenery.  There was a super hot looking guy sitting all alone at the bar.  I offered considerately to Jillian to go to the bar to get our next round of drinks! LOL  I casually said hi to check him out, but he seemed more interested in his beer.
      Next we decided it was time to dance.  We went inside, and the problem was, there were very few people om the dance floor, just a couple of girls.  I said to Jillian, "no problem, let's get this party started"!  She followed me out and we started to shake it.  Not more than 5 minutes later the floor was packed.  I said, "I told you so".  A hot young blond girl named Savannah, came up to me and told me she loved my dancing and when she has a few more drinks she would be out there to join me!  The next thing I know, I see a young guy who looks just like my "hot guy from work".  Then his group is dancing right next to us, and holy shit, it is him!  First we ignore each other, then we headed outside for a smoke, and one of the girls in his group comes over to us to bum one.  I ask her if she is on a date with my hot guy, and she says, "No, a friend of a friend", and proceeds to call him over.  He says hi to me by name, and gives me a big hug, which made my night, because we have never touched before.  Just then Martin arrives, what timing!  He comes over to say "hi", and asks me if I got his text that he was on the way.  I told him "no, I was dancing", which was true.  He disappeared, and we went back to dancing.  I saw Martin a few times throughout the night and even talked to him near the dance floor.
     Later, Savannah, the girl from earlier, was now drunk enough to dance.  She asked me to dance with her and her friends, another girl and two guys.  They girls were all up on me, it was so funny.  I looked at my hot guy and just laughed.  I ended up dancing with hot guys girls next.  He came out to the dance floor, pretty buzzed by now, and danced between us all.  Next thing I know he is in front of me and my arm is around him.  Jillian pointed out that we were backwards and he got behind me and started to grind up on me.  OMG!  My fantasy boy toy was booty dancing with me!  I looked at my watch because it was almost closing time.  He pushed my arm down, and said not to look at the time, but I knew it was almost over, like Cinderella's ball.  He also told me that night that he was moving away,  but I now had my special moment for life with him, a memory I'll cherish forever, of the first person to help me grieve over the loss of the love of my life, my husband...
     Martin left and just told Jillian to tell me goodbye, that he was heading home.  Savannaha's group all gave me a hug goodbye, and my hot guys group ushered him out the door because he was pretty drunk, as for Jillian and I, we headed home, alone.  Actually, I went back to Bunni's house to crash because it was so close to Jillians'.  I was actually the first one back, and after raiding the frig and having one last smoke, I took her dog and cat with me, and went to crash out in one of her son's rooms who was away!  When I woke up in the morning, I had missed a text from my country boy Josh, asking, "You up?" So, till next time...Peace and love...xoxo CC
    

No comments:

Post a Comment